Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer time and new projects

We have beautiful summer wether where I live. I enjoy it so much. I have moved my sewing out to the terrasse. Currently I'm working on some more pillows and a quilt for out door use. I'm using old jeans just like for the pillows in a previous post.



When using old jeans I found it suitable to use the with of a regular foot (about 3/8 inch). I also use a jeans needle. When pressing I use a steam iron. I press from wrong side first making seam allowens to go open to each side. Then turn to right side and press one more time. If I'm ever having trouble getting over those thick seems, I just bang i flat with a hammer on a wooden block!

I took this photo last night. Look at all the colours in the sky! The sunset was about 22.20 and this photo was taken 22.55.


Have a beautifull day, you too!!

Hugs from Nancy

3 comments:

May Britt said...

So nice to have your sewingspace out at the porch. The sunset is beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I loved your jean pillows and can't wait to see your quilt. How wonderful that you can sew outside and be able to see those beautiful sunsets!

Anonymous said...

It s been some time since I visited your blog, and you have made so much nice! I agree with thimbleanna; your jeans pillows are very nice.