Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring or summer ?

Is it already May 12 and 12 days since my last post! Well, I have been buzy - enjoying sunshine and nice temperature at my terrace. I have stayed outside almost all day doing work in the garden and relaxing in the sun. Well, one day my arms got a bit red (sunburned) so I had to stay out of the sun. That day I made three pillows for the "redwine cozy corner" at the terrace.

The pillows are made from old blue jeans. I'm very pleased with the result. I have a hole bunch of old blue jeans stached in the attic. I might make a quilt to go with the pillows outside.

Of couse DH had to try out if my special corner was funcional. Hi hi hi. Don't you think he seem quit happy with my work?

I, on the other hand, have not been very pleased with Gizmo! He is leaving all his fuhr in the sofa!! This spring he is shedding fuhr like never before. I desided to use some of my medium scrap strips of 1 1/2 inch to make a quilt for him. The Gizmo Quilt turned out nice.

As you can see below, Gizmo took the point!

The wind is blowing quit cold and heavy today. I desided it was time for a new day of sewing inside. I'm done with part 3 of Orange Crush. Today I have started on part 4.

Hugs from Nancy

6 comments:

May Britt said...

I'm looking forward to test the redwine cozy corner this summer.
And of course Gizmo enjoys the quilt. He is a very clever cat.

Anne-Grethe said...

Very nice both your projects - the pillows and the Gizmo-quilt! Here up in the north we don't get sunburned yet - the trees are filled with snow like at Christmas-time.

Jeanne said...

Gizmo looks very content and comfortable on his new quilt. I may have to do the same as the fur is flying all over here this spring, too. The pillows are really cute, too.

Inger said...

Nice pillows, and the Gizmo-quilt seamed to be just perfect. It looked nice to sit outside drinking redwine, hm.. wonder when it will be time for that here...

I haven't startet with step 4 on the mystery-quilt. Think I will do that tomorrow. Have a nice weekend.

Hanne said...

Your outdoor cozy corner looks fabulous and the cushions looks great.

Say Hello to Gizmo from Rusket.

Happy 17. May to you - here it is snowing....

Sølvis blog said...

Så flott du har fått det i ute-kroken-din.