Monday, February 8, 2010

Update on a great week

This week end is just the top of a great working week. I feel like I have been working so well. I have managed to focus on the Challenge Focus project. In addition I have squeezed bindings and such in between.

My first focus was to finish the redwork projects form Leannes House. Now it’s done. Framed an all ready to be hanged on the staircase wall.

3 framed redwork

The second focus project was the Rosalie Friendship stitcheries. I had finished the stitchery several months ago. I wanted to make the stitchery into a wall hanging for the entrance. I worked my butt off to put stone tiles on the floor in time for Christmas. Yes, I did it my self (with expert advice by phone from Thor, my mom’s handyman) It was too hard work for me I have to admit, I was too ambitious. I’ll never do it again. Anyway, the tiles are done and look good.  Gizmo watched over me doing the work.  Or may be he slept over me doing the work hi hi.

Gizmo passer på

Rosalie Friendship quilt will look equally good on the wall on top of DH’s inherited chest.  I have no photo yet, but if you peek in next week……..

My cats is just so in to my sewing and my every day life.  What is a bit off in this picture?? 

Vedkorga

This box should be filled with logs for the fireplace………

And what happens when it’s getting close to bed time……..

Bedtime

Hmmmmm…………

I got two quilts back from my local long arm quilter last week. That means 16 – 17 meters of binding to do. I like to do my bindings sewn on from front side and then the finishing touch by hand on the back side. I know, it’s a lot of handstitching, but I find it satisfying to do it this way. I put my pried in the finishing touches in my work.

Log cabin quilt

quiltedetalj

Beside from the binding – that is quit boring to do – but kind of get done during a Saturday/Sunday movie on TV – some more stitching is done.

Zappa, my black cat needed a personal quilt. All cats in my house need to have one.  I finished Zappa’s quilt this weekend. I made it from leftovers from the boy’s quilt in previous post. I used leftover batting too. The quilting was very fun to do. Figured that Zappa – the crazy black cat – needed Mice and Loops as a perfect quilt pattern. However, I don’t think my quilting is good enough for a close examination. I had fun making this quilt and that is good enough for me.  I’ll get some nice photos tomorrow.

Total work in my favorite room past week is very satisfying. I feel just on top of it and am so ready for next week.

Hugs from Nancy

2 comments:

May Britt said...

Your cats really got personality. I look forward to meet Zappa too.
You did a lot of sewing last week, rememeber to take care of your arm now!!!

LeKaQuilt said...

Kjempe fine quilter, men jeg må innrømme at katten i ved-dunken tok min oppmerksomhet.....lol....
Utrolig søtt! De er flotte begge pusene dine, og koseligt å ha i sengen :o)
Selv om det egentlig ikke er lov å si høyt.....kanksje....