Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BOM and todays work

I simply love this BOM project from Lynette Anderson! The stitchery is small and perfect for a few hours work. Also the block plan indicates that this is not a big quilt. I simply love the idea of being almost done when all the blocks are done. I'm having great fun doing this BOM.


Last couple of days I have been working on more than secrets with my sewingmachine. Today I finished making thank-you-notes for every guest in my birthday party. I have not done any scrapbooking earlier, but the seating cards (is it called that??) turned out OK. The table was nicely decoratet with red roses, ivory and some glittery stuff in the middle. I used "glittery stuff" from the table decoration as a base on cardstock. I took photos of red roses from my garden because I forgot to take photos of the red roses on the table. I duplicatet the photos in passport size and cut out heart shapes. To make the rose-heart stand out I used some kind of foamstrips with glue on both sides to glue it on to the glittery stuff. All you educated scrapbookers know what I'm talking about. Pleace forgive me, this is my first attempt.
This is the photo I used for the hearts.

It was fun to play with photos and templets for cut out shapes. But no it's back to my sewing machine.

Tomorrow at 18.00 is the time for a winner of the drawsting bag.

Stay tuned!

Hugs from Nancy



3 comments:

Lise in Norway said...

To be your first card making I must say you have done a great job. We other one start with only ONE card. This was beautiful done !!!( I was the one who made your birthday card in pink)

Hanne said...

I see your BOM is coming along nicely.
I have not had a chance to start mine yet.
Your cards looks very nice :-)

Christine said...

Love your Noah's Ark blocks ... they look fabulous.