Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I have joined in on Bloggers Quilt Festival. Amy at Park City Girl started this fun. Go to her blog to find out how to join.

My favorit quilt is my Millenium Quilt. It's called Stars in Cyberspace. Click on photo for a big size.



This quilt is a result of swapping with quilters using internet. I started in February 1999 and closed in october same year swapping 25 3" charms and a signature block. Ended up with swapping with 132 different quilters from all over the world. All the signatures is in the quilt but not all the charms. The quilt have signatures from 50 US states and 36 other countries. The block is called Contrary Wife and have the signature in the middle. The top was finnished in desember 1999 and quilting finnished february 2000. The quilt have 1804 pieces, not counting backing and binding.
This Quilt have been displayd at an exhibition in Val d'Argent in France. I know some of the quilters contributing to this quilt have seen it displayd found their siggies.
Take care, and have fun!
Hugs from Nancy

22 comments:

hetty said...

Stunning quilt! So many contributors. Amazing!

Stina Blomgren said...

Härlig quilt... och vilket minne dessutom ... :o)

Nat Palaskas said...

Beautiful and meaningful quilt Nancy. Good on you to finished the quilt. I did siggies swap at about the same time as you. I used to lived in Abu Dhani, United Arab Emirates. I have not finished my quilts yet. Yes, I have enough fabrics to make two quilts - Natima

Bunny said...

LOVE IT! what a great quilt. all the colors are stunning. What a fun swap project.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the colors and the story behind the quilt.

Carol said...

I think this is one of the prettiest signature quilts I have ever seen.

Susan said...

Fantastic! This signature quilt is amazing. All those quilters--wow.

Zonnah said...

I love how you used color in this quilt. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love that so many people helped in the making of this. Lovely. Eye catching!

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Nancy -- that's gorgeous! I'm so impressed with the way you arranged the colors!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing beautifull quilt.

Sissel H.S said...

Teppe ditt er kjempe fint :-)
Husker godt når du fikk alle disse spennende stoffene i posten :-)

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful quilt! I love how you set up some of the lighter colors to look like it is flowing from one side to the other. Great job.

Quilt Rat said...

Oh my goodness this is SPECTACULAR! and it was an internet swap? Just one more reason to love the internet!
This online festival is truly brilliant

Scrappy quilter said...

Absolutely stunning quilt. I love it.

Sølvis blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sølvis blog said...

Nydelig teppe. Når jeg så på det lille bildet så jeg stjerneblokker, ved forstørrelsen så jeg de opprinnelige blokkene. Spennende.

Anne Ida said...

That really is a gorgous quilt! And it has such a presious history to it. No wonder it's your favorite :o)

Patty said...

Very pretty!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a beautiful quilt! It is just delightful with all the colours.

Unknown said...

Wow! Stunning and so many people went into it! Thank you for sharing :)

stitchinpenny said...

I love the subtle color striping as an added interest to the quilt.