Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy week

This week have been a busy but fun week. On Tuesday I had the TSV-ladies for lunch at my house. The sun was shining and temperature was nice. We had a long and lovely lunch with chatting, laughter, sewing and eating. I'm not in the picture because I had work to do, photographing :-)

This is my local TSV-group. We get togheter once a month during daytime to make quilts for TSV. TSV is "Tepper som varmer" (Quilts for kids with canser or long term diseases). A charity I support.



On Wednesday I went to Kristiandsand to the hospital. No, no, no. I'm not sick! I went to the childrens ward to deliver quilts from TSV. One of the few times my hospitalvisits are of pleasent character. Thursday I made the same round to the hospitale in Arendal.

I also managed to squeeze in a visit to DS1 and some quiltshops on Thursday and Friday. Stops in quiltshops and quiltsupplier made my bankaccount gasping for air!! That's what happens when you buy bolts of supplies.

This weekend I need to do some photographing of a quilt that I'll give to another charity, Pink Ribbon (Rosa sløyfeaksjonen) in October. The quilt is to be sold for a donation to the Norwegian Pink Ribbon.

Since DH and I will be off for recration next weekend I have some appointments to keep on Monday. The hairdresser is ok and I'm looking forward to that appointment. I also have an appointment for waxing of those parts of my body that surely need it. I'll tell you, I have put this off for too long. Need I say more....

The rest of the week I'll be dedicated to making patterns for sale. It takes a lot of work to get to the finished product. I am a kind of newbie and are doing all parts myself.

Take care.

Hugs from Nancy

4 comments:

Inger said...

Det så ut til at dere hadde det riktig så koselig. Flott initiativ med Tepper som varmer. Blir spennende å se hvilke mønster du kommer med. :-) Ha ei riktig god tur.

Anne-Grethe said...

Ser ut som TSV-damene koser seg på varandaen din. Dette er en flott aksjon og jeg har selv sett barn med slike tepper rundt seg på sykehuset her i byen. Håper uken din går etter planen. Her i huset blir det også noe "busy" kommende dager med bl.a frisør, veskesøm og jobb hver dag før utenlandsreise på torsdag. Ønsker deg og mannen god tur.

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds like you are very busy Nancy! Have a wonderful break with DH.

Sissel H.S said...

Bloggen din gir meg mye inspirasjon det er en award til deg på bloggen min.